Tyne and Wear HER(2792): Monkwearmouth, Diamond Bottle Works - Details
Monkwearmouth, Diamond Bottle Works
These works were constructed after 1852, after the construction of the North Eastern Railway, Penshaw Branch. The works were opened in 1857 by Snowdon and Watson and then taken over in 1858 by John Candlish. They closed in 1877.
<< HER 2792 >> 1st edition Ordnance Survey Map, c.1855, 6 inch scale, Durham, 8 N.T. Sinclair in Milburn & Miller, (eds) 1988, Sunderland, River, Town & People, Industry to 1914, p.23,32