Tyne and Wear HER(2806): Bishopwearmouth, Ballast Hills Company's Bottle Works - Details
Bishopwearmouth, Ballast Hills Company's Bottle Works
The works opened circa 1800. In 1820 it was being run by T. Bonner and Company and from 1821 by Laing, Horn and Scott and Company. It closed in 1923 and was incorporated into Laing’s Shipyard.
<< HER 2806 >> 1st edition Ordnance Survey Map, c.1855, 6 inch scale, Durham, 8 N.T. Sinclair in Milburn & Miller, (eds) 1988, Sunderland, River, Town & People, Industry to 1914, p.32