Tyne and Wear HER(3734): Dunston, Norwood Colliery - Details
Dunston, Norwood Colliery
Coal Mining Site
Norwood Colliery, Lady Pit. Opened in the 1850s by John Bowes & Co. Later owned by John Bowes & Partners Ltd, then Dunston, Norwood and Swalwell Garesfield Coal Co., and lastly Dunston Garesfield Colleries Ltd.
<< HER 3734 >> 1st edition Ordnance Survey Map, c.1855, 6 inch scale, Durham, 6; Durham Mining Museum www.dmm.org.uk; N. Emery, 1998, Banners of the Durham Coalfield