Tyne and Wear HER(4025): South Gosforth, Gosforth Station - Details
South Gosforth, Gosforth Station
Railway Transport Site
Gosforth Station on the Blyth and Tyne Railway. In 1852 the Blyth and Tyne Railway was handed over to a public company. In 1865 under the chairmanship of Joseph Laycock J.P. of Low Gosforth, a branch to Newcastle was built and the Gosforth station opened.
<< HER 4025 >> 1st edition Ordnance Survey map, 1864, 6 inch scale, Northumberland, 88; R. Welford, 1879, A History of the Parish of Gosforth; National Monuments Record monument number 506080, building file BF015518