Tyne and Wear HER(4135): Newcastle, Newbridge Terminus - Details
Newcastle, Newbridge Terminus
Railway Transport Site
New Bridge Street Station or Newbridge Terminus, on the Blyth and Tyne Railway was designed by John Dobson and opened in 1864. It closed to passengers in 1909 but remained in use as a coal depot. It has since been demolished.
<< HER 4135 >> 1st edition Ordnance Survey Map, 1864, 6 inch scale, Northumberland, 97 Hoole, K. 1986, A Regional History of the Railways of Gt Britain, The North East, Vol 4, p.208