Tyne and Wear HER(4215): Walker Colliery, East Pit - Details
Walker Colliery, East Pit
Coal Mining Site
East Pit (Coal). Shown on Oliver's Plan of 1840. Marked as an Old Shaft on the 2nd edition OS mapping. Walker Colliery opened before 1765 and closed in 1920. Owners were Lambert & Co (1850s), N.G. Lambert & Co and then Walker Coal Company Ltd.
<< HER 4215 >> 1st edition Ordnance Survey map, 1864, 6 inch scale, Northumberland, 98; Durham Mining Museum www.dmm.org.uk; Oliver, Plan of Walker Estate in the County of Northumberland, 1840, D/NCP/19/4