Tyne and Wear HER(4240): Hazlerigg Colliery - Details
Coal Mining Site
Hazlerigg Colliery. This was opened 1892 by the Burradon and Coxlodge Coal Company. It transferred in 1929 to the Hazlerigg and Burradon Coal Company Ltd, then to the National Coal Board in 1947. Closed 25th November 1964. There was a pumping shaft at NZ 227 717.
<< HER 4240 >> 2nd edition Ordnance Survey map, 1898, 6 inch scale, Northumberland, 88, NW; Durham Mining Museum www.dmm.org.uk; James T. Tuck, 1997, Colleries of Northumberland