Tyne and Wear HER(43): Threptend village - Details
The provenance for this medieval village is based on a single known documentary reference. In the Durham Priory bursar's account of 1348-9 Threptend is listed among the vills owing tithes to the cell of Wearmouth. On the assumption that it therefore lay within the parish of Monkwearmouth it must have been situated on the north side of the River Wear.
<< HER 43 >> Canon Fowler, ed. 1899, Extracts from the Account Rolls of the Abbey of Durham, Surtees Society, II, 100 (for 1898), p. 548,