Tyne and Wear HER(4425): Sunderland, Maling's Rigg Presbyterian Chapel - Details
Sunderland, Maling's Rigg Presbyterian Chapel
Religious Ritual and Funerary
A room in Ropery Lane was hired in 1777 and shortly afterwards (perhaps in 1778) a chapel was built which was enlarged in circa 1796. The chapel became a Presbyterian Chapel and was later incorporated into a tobacco factory in the 19th century, but was partially destroyed by fire in 1843.
<< HER 4425 >> Mackenzie & Ross, 1834, Historical...View of the County Palatinate of Durham, p 295; The Archaeological Practice Ltd., 2014, List of Non Conformist Chapels in Sunderland