Tyne and Wear HER(4428): Sunderland, Sans Street Methodist Chapel - Details
Sunderland, Sans Street Methodist Chapel
Religious Ritual and Funerary
Wesleyan Methodist Chapel
In 1790 a Wesleyan Chapel was built at the foot of Sans Street. It was enlarged in 1809 and 1824 with east and west wings as dwelling houses for preachers. Seated 3000. Congregation moved to Ashbrooke Road 1888, then became city centre mission. It was altered and refronted in 1903 and closed in 1963 when the congregation moved to Park Road.
<< HER 4428 >> Mackenzie & Ross, 1834, Historical...View of the County Palatinate of Durham; The Archaeological Practice Ltd., 2014, List of Non-Conformist Chapels in Sunderland