Tyne and Wear HER(4434): Sunderland, The Banks, Customs House - Details
Sunderland, The Banks, Customs House
In around 1715, when the new parish boundaries of Sunderland were drawn up, a house was built on No. 4 allotments on the Banks, and used for many years as the Customs House.
<< HER 4434 >> J. Robinson 1903, Historic Houses in Sunderland Antiquities of Sunderland, Vol. 5,. P 19