Tyne and Wear HER(4435): Sunderland, Bishopwearmouth Green, Customs House - Details
Sunderland, Bishopwearmouth Green, Customs House
The first purpose-built Customs House was on Bishopwearmouth Green. It was replaced in the 17th century by another in Low Street, established in 1784 and shown on Rainâ€™s Eye plan.
<< HER 4435 >> J. Rain, 1785, An Eye Plan of Sunderland and Bishopwearmouth Clay, Miller & Milburn, 1984, An Eye Plan of Sunderland and Bishopwearmouth, p 19