Tyne and Wear HER(4460): Monkwearmouth, Hamilton Street Chapel - Details
Monkwearmouth, Hamilton Street Chapel
Religious Ritual and Funerary
Hamilton Street Chapel (United Presbyterian Church). 1827-1880? seated 650. This is probably the chapel that was bought by the Church of England and became St Cuthbert’s Church – registers end 1939. Labelled on Second Edition OS map 1896. Site now covered by St Peter's Campus.
<< HER 4460 >> Mackenzie & Ross, 1834, Historical....View of the County Palatinate of Durham, p 296, The Archaeological Practice Ltd., 2014, List of Non Conformist Chapels in Sunderland; Second Edition Ordnance Survey Plan, 1896