Tyne and Wear HER(4488): South Shields, Broad Landing, Wharf - Details
South Shields, Broad Landing, Wharf
In 1756 John Burdon was allowed to build a wharf at Broad Landing. Two quays belonging to Fairlie, advertised in 1791, are described as being on either side of Burdon's Quay, thereby giving an approximate location for the latter..
<< HER 4488 >> G.B. Hodgson, 1903, The Borough of South Shields, p 122