Tyne and Wear HER(4491): South Shields, Frederick Street, Presbyterian Church - Details
South Shields, Frederick Street, Presbyterian Church
Religious Ritual and Funerary
Place of Worship
A church at the junction of Frederick Street and Laygate was built in 1849, in stone in the Early English style, to the design of John Dobson. It cost £2,000 and seated 600; last used in the early 20th century, it was demolished in 1977.
<< HER 4491 >> N. Pevsner (second edition revised by Elizabeth Williamson), 1983, The Buildings of England: County Durham, p 416; Peter Ryder, 2017. the nonconformist chapels of South Shields; http://www.southtynesidehistory.co.uk/archive/architecture/places-of-worship?ipage=3