Tyne and Wear HER(4492): South Shields, Low Dock, Primitive Methodist Meeting House - Details
South Shields, Low Dock, Primitive Methodist Meeting House
Religious Ritual and Funerary
Place of Worship
Primitive Methodist Chapel
It is recorded that a Mr Barker allowed the Primitive Methodists to use his sail-loft at the Low Dock as a meeting house in 1827.
<< HER 4492 >> G.B. Hodgson, 1903, The Borough of South Shields, A.C. Flag, 1979, The History of Shipbuilding in South Shields, 1746-1946, p 33