Tyne and Wear HER(4535): Easington Lane, The Traveller's Rest Public House & Brewery - Details
Easington Lane, The Traveller's Rest Public House & Brewery
Brewing and Malting Site
In the 1830s George Johnson and later a Mr. Lawson occupied the inn and its 8 half-barrel brewhouse. In 1841 the occupant was Adam Elliott. This freehold public house and brewhouse was advertised in 1844. Landlord in 1895 of the Three Tuns was Henry Coulson.
Brian Bennison, 2004, The Brewers and Breweries of North-Eastern England - A Historical Guide, published by the Brewery History Society; Newcastle Courant 5th August 1834, 13th August 1841 and 12th January 1844; Hetton Local & Natural History Society, 2015, The Hetton Village Atlas p538, 540;