Tyne and Wear HER(4542): Felling, Felling Shore, The Ferry House Brewery - Details
Felling, Felling Shore, The Ferry House Brewery
Brewing and Malting Site
Mary Stewart operated the 8 half-barrel brewery at the Ferry House, Friar's Goose, in 1839. James Vazey operated the brewery in 1842. The brewery was still in operation in 1855. Trade directories from 1870 to 1874 list R. Waugh brewing at the Ferry Hotel, Felling Shore.
Brian Bennison, 2004, The Brewers and Breweries of North-Eastern England - A Historical Guide, published by the Brewery History Society; Newcastle Courant, 20th December 1839, 15th July 1842, 6th July 1855