Tyne and Wear HER(4573): North Shields, Stephenson Street, Baptist Chapel/Central Hall - Details
North Shields, Stephenson Street, Baptist Chapel/Central Hall
Religious Ritual and Funerary
Baptist Chapel in Stephenson's Street. Shown on Wood's map of 1827. Built as an assembly room. In use as a Baptist Chapel from 1799 to 1866, then became a Temperance Hall and, after alterations, Central Hall in 1888.
<< HER 4573 >> J. Woods, 1826, Plan of the Towns of North Shields and Tynemouth; Peter F Ryder, 2012, Nonconformist Chapels and Meeting Houses in Newcastle & North Tyneside; Eric Hollerton, 1997, The Archive Photographs Series - North Shields