Tyne and Wear HER(4576): North Shields, Ranter's Bank, Ranter's Chapel - Details
North Shields, Ranter's Bank, Ranter's Chapel
Religious Ritual and Funerary
Primitive Methodist Chapel
The Primitive Methodists of North Shields first met in a chapel on Ranter's Bank, but in 1861 moved to a new church in the town centre (HER ref. 4577).
<< HER 4576 >> J. Woods, 1826, Plan of the Towns of North Shields and Tynemouth; E. Hollerton, 1997, The Archive Photography Series, North Shields, p 94; Peter F Ryder, 2012, Nonconformist Chapels and Meeting Houses in Newcastle & North Tyneside