Tyne and Wear HER(5088): Whickham, Hollinside Farm - Details
Whickham, Hollinside Farm
Agriculture and Subsistence
Hollinside Farm was part of the Gibside Estate when Gibside was occupied by the Dowager Countess. It dates to 1848 and the architect was J.E. Watson. It is of classical detail. 2 storeys, of ashlar, laid in regular courses with rusticated quoins and architraves. Stone frieze and cornice to the eaves. Square on plan, with hipped slate roof. Sash windows with flat stone lintels and no glazing bars. The door is framed by a Tuscan dooracse. A window above. The eaves cornice is supported by four large modillions over this recess. To the south west of the house are regular ranges of single storey rubble farm buildings with slate roofs..
<< HER 5088 >> B. Harbottle, Hollinside Farm, W10/20/17