Tyne and Wear HER(526): Bradley mill - Details
A watermill is shown at Bradley, on the east bank of the Stanley Burn, on the 1st edition Ordnance Survey 6 inches plan, but its origins are obscure. In addition to medieval references to the mill of Crawcrook, there is specific mention in 1320 to a mill in Bradley. The arrangement of two mills is perhaps made more likely by the division of Crawcrook between Kepier Hospital and the Horsleys of Bradley in the 14th century.
<< HER 526 >> A.M. Oliver, ed. 1929, Northumberland and Durham Deeds, Newcastle upon Tyne Record Series, VII, no. 42 W. Bourn, 1896, History of the Parish of Ryton, p. 49