Tyne and Wear HER(5331): Winlaton Mill, Eels Haugh, George Eavan's House - Details
Winlaton Mill, Eels Haugh, George Eavan's House
The remains of George Eavan's house, the miller of the flour mill, are all that remain of old Winlaton Mill village, where the worker's at Crowley's Ironworks lived. The village was demolished in 1937 and rebuilt on its present site.
<< HER 5331 >> Gateshead Council, A History Trail in the Derwent Walk Country Park, leaflet