Tyne and Wear HER(5875): Monkseaton, Bygate Farm - Details
Monkseaton, Bygate Farm
Agriculture and Subsistence
Built in 1735. Demolished by 1950. A plan of the farm from 1876 shows the farmhouse, byre, poultry houses and gardens. The farm was bought in 1875 by Richard Heckels Nesbit who set up the brickworks at Hill Heads (HER 5857).
<< HER 5875 >> C. W. Steel, 2000, Images of England - Monkseaton and Hillheads, pp 42-43 1st edition Ordnance Survey map, 1850; North Tyneside Council Development Directorate, August 2006, Monkseaton Conservation Area Character Appraisal Draft