Tyne and Wear HER(594): Bewes Hill, flint knife - Details
Bewes Hill, flint knife
Tools and Equipment
A flint knife, in opaque grey flint, 68 mm x 27 mm x 16 mm was found in 1955 by the Rev. L.T. Johnson of The Manse, Ryton. It was found in topsoil on the western edge of McAlpine's sand quarry at Bewes Hills, south-east of Stargate, and donated in 1958 to the Museum of Antiquities.
<< HER 594 >> Museum of Antiquities Accession Cards, 1958, Flint knife, Ref. 19958.7A D.J. Smith, 1966, Museum Notes, Archaeologia Aeliana, 4, XLIV, p. 245 R. Miket, 1984, The Prehistory of Tyne and Wear, p. 25, no. 15