Tyne and Wear HER(5970): Newcastle, New Bridge Street, Church of the Divine Unity - Details
Title of image: Unitarian Church, New Bridge Street, Newcastle upon Tyne
Date: circa 1850
Additional info: Print black and white
Location/Collection: Newcastle Libraries/Newcastle Local Studies Churches Collection
Accession number: NCL 011816
Provider: Newcastle City Library
Copyright: All rights reserved, if you would like a printed copy of this image please contact Newcastle Libraries.
Newcastle, New Bridge Street, Church of the Divine Unity
Religious Ritual and Funerary
Shown on Ordnance Survey first edition. This church was designed by John Dobson. Vacated in 1939 and demolished by 1952.
<< HER 5970 >> A. McMaster, Tyne and Wear Museums,2004, Newcastle Central Library, Princess Square, Newcastle upon Tyne, Archaeological Assessment 1864, 1st edition Ordnance Survey map, 25 inch scale, 1850 2nd edition Ordnance Survey map, 1899, 25 inches to one mile scale 1864, Deposited Building Plan, Tyne and Wear Archive Service, T186/11286 S. Middlebrook, 1968, Newcastle upon Tyne - Its Growth and achievement, p 212; T. Faulkner and A. Greg, 1987, John Dobson Newcastle Architect 1787-1865, p 59-60; Malcolm L Scaife, 1974, Newcastle Old and New; Peter F Ryder, 2012, Nonconformist Chapels and Meeting Houses in Newcastle and N Tyneside, a survey; Newcastle Chronicle, 15 April 1853; Church Calendar July/August 1968; Reverend George Harris 1794-1859, Minister at Newcastle 1845-1859, a Unitarian Publication