Tyne and Wear HER(6001): Winlaton House - Details
Winlaton House is a large 2-storey early nineteenth century stone house with slate roof. The south (front) elevation is of buff sandstone ashlar with larger sandstone quoins. The sash windows may have been renewed. The north elevation has been pebble-dashed. To the west is a later nineteenth century brick extension ("The Cottage") with slate roof and stone coping. The house had large gardens with trees and paths and semi-circular driveway.
1st edition Ordnance Survey map, 1850; Tyne and Wear Museums, 2004, Winlaton House - Archaeological Assessment and 2004 Archaeological Evaluation