Tyne and Wear HER(6216): Walker, Chapel Street, Zion Chapel - Details
Walker, Chapel Street, Zion Chapel
Religious Ritual and Funerary
Methodist New Connexion Chapel
Methodist New Connexion chapel. Built 1838. Sold to the Presbyterians in 1842. Rebuilt 1866. Methodist New Connexion again from 1888 to 1900. The congregation then moved to a new chapel on Station Road. Demolished 1967.
2nd edition Ordnance Survey map; Peter F Ryder, 2012, Nonconformist Chapels and Meeting Houses in Newcastle and N Tyneside, a survey