Tyne and Wear HER(6296): Newcastle, Wellington Street, St Cuthbert's RC grammar school - Details
Newcastle, Wellington Street, St Cuthbert's RC grammar school
Shown on Ordnance Survey second edition map. This building began life as the offices of the Tyne Brewery, built in 1870. In 1884 John Barras & Company bought the Tyne Brewery but sold the office block, which became St. Cuthbert's RC Grammar School. The Brewery re-purchased the school in 1923 and converted it into a bottling factory.
<< HER 6296 >> Scottish & Newcastle Breweries Limited, 1963, Memorandum on the growth and development of the Tyne Brewery, Corporation Street, Newcastle upon Tyne; Ordnance Survey second edition 1890