Tyne and Wear HER(634): Winlaton mill - Details
A mill, rendering 5.5 marcs, is listed in Boldon Buke (1183 survey of land belonging to the Bishop of Durham, Hugh du Puiset), under Winlaton and Barlow, but there is no mention of it in Hatfield's Survey of the later 14th century. Its site - presumably on one of the burns running into the Derwent - and later history are unknown, but it is thought to have no connection with the modern Winlaton Mill.
<< HER 634 >> W. Greenwell, ed. 1852, Boldon Buke, Surtees Society, 25, p. 69