Tyne and Wear HER(6371): Cowgate, The Dun Cow (Ord Arms) Public House - Details
Cowgate, The Dun Cow (Ord Arms) Public House
Shown on 1st edition Ordnance Survey map. Owned by William Ord in 1841 as Cowgate Inn. Adopted family name not long after this date and became The Ord Arms. The Ord Arms was altered in 1900 and in 1930 Alexander Deuchar purchased the premises and prepared plans for rebuilding. The pub was taken over from Scottish and Newcastle by Camerons in 1996. Closed by 1998. Demolished circa 2002.
2nd edition Ordnance Survey map; Bennison, B, 1998, Lost Weekends, A History of Newcastle's Public Houses, Vol 3, The West