Tyne and Wear HER(6553): Newcastle, Gallowgate, glass bottles - Details
Newcastle, Gallowgate, glass bottles
Four 18th century glass bottles were found during excavations on the west side of Gallowgate near Corporation Road, by a Mr J.H. Little. One still contained some of the malt liquor they were originally filled with. Three of the bottles were 7.75 inches high and 5 inches wide at the base. The fourth was 9 inches high and 4 inches wide at the base.
Proceedings of the Society of Antiquaries of Newcastle upon Tyne, Series 2, Vol X (1902), p 3.