Tyne and Wear HER(6568): Newcastle, Pandon, Fishergate (Pandon) - Details
Newcastle, Pandon, Fishergate (Pandon)
Road Transport Site
The medieval layout of Pandon is not clear but it is certain that one street ran south from the bridge end before dividing into two along the lower slopes and foot of the bank called Wallknoll - the lower street was called Fishergate (first referenced 1298-1300). Now called Pandon.
H. Bourne, 1736, History of Newcastle, p 139-42; B. Harbottle and P. Clack, 1976, Newcastle upon Tyne: Archaeology and Development, in D.W. Harding (ed), 1976, Archaeology in the North.