Tyne and Wear HER(6579): Newcastle, The Close, Mansion House, blue spode plate - Details
Newcastle, The Close, Mansion House, blue spode plate
Food Preparation and Consumption
Food Serving Container
A blue "spode" plate of classic design with the arms and motto of Newcastle in the centre, from the Mansion House, was donated to the Society of Antiquaries of Newcastle upon Tyne by Sir Gainford Bruce and co-trustees of the late Dr Bruce in 1895.
Proceedings of the Society of Antiquaries of Newcastle upon Tyne, Series 2, Vol VI (1895), p32.