Tyne and Wear HER(6593): Newcastle, The Side, carved stone - Details
Newcastle, The Side, carved stone
Stone carved with a thistle, and decorated window tracery were found when houses were being demolished at the Head of The Side. Donated to the Society of Antiquaries of Newcastle upon Tyne by the town surveyor in 1856.
Archaeologia Aeliana, Series 2, Vol II (1886), x