Tyne and Wear HER(6939): Low Fell, Derwent Crook Colliery - Details
Low Fell, Derwent Crook Colliery
Coal Mining Site
Opened before 1746. There were two other pits - George Pit (NZ 253 595) and Thomas Pit (NZ 252 599). Owned by Lord Ravensworth & Partners. In 1819 a boring was put down below Low Main Seam to the Beaumont and Lower Coal Seams.
Durham Mining Museum http://www.dmm.org.uk