Tyne and Wear HER(7058): Kenton, national school - Details
Kenton, national school
Built in 1843 by Lord Montagu, Matthew Bell of Woolsington and the National Society. Cost £470. A Church of England School in connection with the National Society. Church services were held here by the chaplain from St. Nicholas Hospital. The school closed in 1935 when Edgefield School in Fawdon was opened.
Ordnance Survey first edition map 1850; Liz Palmer, 1993, Bygone Kenton, photo 14