Tyne and Wear HER(7107): Newcastle, Nelson Street, Primitive Methodist Chapel - Details
Newcastle, Nelson Street, Primitive Methodist Chapel
Religious Ritual and Funerary
Primitive Methodist Chapel
Built in 1838. It remained as a place of worship until 1899 when the premises were taken over by Messrs. Marshall and Tweedy. Their 1899 warehouse survives on the site.
Newcastle U3A Local History Group, 2001, A Brief History of Eldon Square South, Newcastle upon Tyne; Peter F Ryder, 2012, Nonconformist Chapels and Meeting Houses in Newcastle and N Tyneside, a survey