Tyne and Wear HER(7373): Wallsend, East Benton Farm - Details
Wallsend, East Benton Farm
Agriculture and Subsistence
Byres, stables, cart sheds, lofts and granary with engine house attached. Late eighteenth century/early nineteenth century and engine house dated 1843 on cast iron plaque with monogram of John and Benjamin Green. Sandstone rubble with ashlar dressings and quoins; brick engine house; Welsh slate roofs. Ranged around yard with inner fold-yard wall. North cart shed has square piers to three arches under three square windows, partly boarded up. Similar piers and wooden lintels to two later cart sheds added to right east range. Dutch door in each range. Engine house shows internal high ashlar wall to granary with top beam of large scantling shaped to receive shaft. LISTED GRADE 2.
Department of National Heritage, List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest, 6/167