Tyne and Wear HER(7683): Felling Hall - Details
Felling Hall was part of the Brandling Estate. Later the Mulberry Tree Hotel. It was put up for auction in November 1809, described as a Mansion House, with its surrounding farms and 430 acres of productive meadow, pasture and arable land.
Ordnance Survey first edition map, 1850; NRO 404/380, Particulars of Felling Estate for auction 1809 and 1844, Northumberland Museum and Archives, Woodhorn, Ashington; Henry Reginald Leighton, 1910, Memorials of Old Durham, pages 227 and 228; Peter Haywood, Around Felling High Street