Tyne and Wear HER(7738): Newcastle, Westgate Road, Carriage Works - Details
Newcastle, Westgate Road, Carriage Works
Henry Angus’s carriage works were established by 1850 in the back plots of premises on the south side of Westgate road. Excavations in 1996 revealed part of the works’ blacksmith’s shop, including part of the forge hearth, a quenching tank, floors and various waste deposits.
Nolan J, 1996, Archaeological Evaluation Trenches at the rear of 65 Westgate Road, Newcastle upon Tyne. Unpublished report by the City of Newcastle Archaeology Unit. (T&W HER 1995/34) Tyne and Wear Archive Service plan ref. T186/4171.