Tyne and Wear HER(7785): Ryton House - Details
Ryton House was an eighteenth century brick building, shown in an engraving by Boniface Muss c.1790. At the corner were Venetian doors and windows and a lunette. In the nineteenth century a bay window was added at the side. In one room the Ryton Petty Sessions were held. To the side of the house was the stable block, with Gothic battlements. The house was latterly a Conservative Club. The house was demolished in the 1960s. It was the seat of the Humble family in the 1700s.
P. Meadows and E. Waterson, 1993, Lost Houses of County Durham, p 24