Tyne and Wear HER(7845): East Boldon, St. Bede's, Nos. 1 to 4 - Details
East Boldon, St. Bede's, Nos. 1 to 4
A row of shops and houses with an adjoining former Co-op branch. Red brick. Spoilt by the loss of some front gardens to concrete parking. The traditional shopfront, window and other joinery is painted deep green. The first floor windows are uPVC. There is a detailed brick boundary wall at the top of Sunderland Road.
North of England Civic Trust on behalf of South Tyneside Council, February 2006, East Boldon Conservation Area Character Appraisal; East Boldon School Centenary 1885-1985; M. Linge, The Story of Boldon; A. Middleton, 1983, Boldon's Witness in Church and Community; N. Pevsner, 1953, The Buildings of England: County Durham; W. Wilson, 1935, A Short History of Boldon