Tyne and Wear HER(7869): Gateshead, Nelson Street, Primitive Methodist Chapel - Details
Gateshead, Nelson Street, Primitive Methodist Chapel
Religious Ritual and Funerary
Primitive Methodist Chapel
Built in 1853, it was later used by a firm of manufacturing chemists. The Rector, Rev. W Moore Ede supplied cheap "penny dinners" to the needy.
D. Lumley, 1932, The Story of Gateshead Town - From the earliest age to the mid Victorian, p 128