Tyne and Wear HER(7886): Walker, Stott's House Farm - Details
Walker, Stott's House Farm
Agriculture and Subsistence
Stott's House Farm was described as the "Bee Houses" by Horsley in 1732. The farm was built on the line of Hadrian's Wall (HER 199). To the north of the farm, the Roman ditch apparently formed two ponds. A watercolour by Henry Richardson 1848 in the Laing Art Gallery shows one of the ponds. Stott's House Farm was demolished in 1933.
Photos in folder of articles on Walker, Newcastle City Library Local Studies Section, p 89; A.T.Croom, 2015, A History of Stott's House Farm, Walker, Arbeia Society Local History Notes no.3