Tyne and Wear HER(7940): Bigges Main Colliery, High Row - Details
Bigges Main Colliery, High Row
Sixteen miner's terraced cottages shown on Ordnance Survey first edition map of 1865. Each cottage had a single front room and most with a garret and lean-to at the rear. Two cottages had back rooms. Most of the houses in the Bigges Main village were in use until the 1930s.
Ordnance Survey first edition 1865; Turnbull, L, 2015, A Celebration of our Mining Heritage