Tyne and Wear HER(7941): Bigges Main Colliery, Blue Row - Details
Bigges Main Colliery, Blue Row
Miner's terraced cottages shown on Ordnance Survey first edition map of 1865. Blue Row contained the largest houses, each having two front rooms and at least one back room. Most of the houses in the Bigges Main village were in use until the 1930s.
Ordnance Survey first edition 1865; Turnbull, L, 2015, A Celebration of our Mining Heritage