Tyne and Wear HER(7942): Bigges Main Colliery, Low Row - Details
Bigges Main Colliery, Low Row
Miner's terraced cottages shown on Ordnance Survey first edition map of 1865. Low Row was also known as Waggonmen's Row which is recorded to have had 24 houses with one front room and a garret. Most of the houses in the Bigges Main village were in use until the 1930s.
Ordnance Survey first edition 1865; Turnbull, L, 2015, A Celebration of our Mining Heritage