Tyne and Wear HER(8105): Backworth, Havelock Place - Details
Backworth, Havelock Place
Havelock Place was also known locally as "C Pit Row". Built to accommodate workers at the Backworth Colliery C Pit. Construction was well under way by the first edition Ordnance Survey of c.1855 and by the 3rd edition of 1920, the settlement formed a triangle with a central open space. Demolished c.1938.
Ordnance Survey second edition, 1897