Tyne and Wear HER(8111): Blaydon, Garden Street, Plaza Cinema - Details
Blaydon, Garden Street, Plaza Cinema
The architect was Charles S. Errington of Newcastle. The Plaza was opened by Henry Bolton, chairman of Blaydon UDC on 21 December 1936. Demolished in 2005 but recorded beforehand.
Frank Manders, 1995, Cinemas of Gateshead, pp 28-29; C.G. Peters, Tyne and Wear Museums, 2005, Plaza Cinema, Garden Street, Blaydon, Archaeological Buildings Recording